This story requires our BI Prime membership. To read the full article,
simply click here to claim your deal and get access to all exclusive Business Insider PRIME content.
- Morgan Stanley promoted 130 employees to managing director across the firm for its 2020 class, one of its smallest in years.
- The managing-director title at the investment bank is among the most coveted on Wall Street.
- Business Insider got the full list of the newly promoted managing directors.
- Visit BI Prime for more stories.
Morgan Stanley just promoted 130 employees to managing director across the firm.
That’s one of the smallest managing-director classes at the bank in years, with the promotions coming amid cost-cutting efforts in recent months, including 1,500 layoffs announced in December.
The bank promoted 145 managing directors in 2019 and 153 in 2018.
The managing-director title at the investment bank is among the most coveted on Wall Street.
Here are some other stats about the 2020 class:
- Investment banking led the way, accounting for 25 new MDs.
- Other top divisions were fixed income (16), institutional equity (14), wealth management (13), and investment management (13).
- Twenty-five percent of the new managing directors are women, which boosts the firm’s overall female managing-director population to 21%, its highest mark to date.
- In the US, 4% of the new managing directors are black, 4% are Hispanic, and 17% are Asian.
- Fifty-eight percent of the 2020 class is based in the Americas, 20% in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, and 22% in Asia.
Morgan Stanley is scheduled to report fourth-quarter-earnings results on Thursday.
Here’s the full list of Morgan Stanley managing-director promotions for 2020:
Rubens Opice Neto
Mislav Krizanovic De Corbavia
Global capital markets
Lauren Garcia Belmonte
Josh Van Aalst
Jeffrey J. Corso
Andrea De Simone
Michael Lanigan Kaicher
William Hughes Milam Jr.
Scott R. Norby
Legal and compliance
Jessica Leigh Schnurr
Caillate Simon Andrew Goulty
managing director list